Thursday, July 22, 2010

Doing Something vs. Doing the Right Thing

I believe that there is a moral imperitive to act upon the best evidence we have available. It may sometimes be wrong and the doubters correct but we have progressed over time and learned things that have made the world a better place so listening to the experts is usually the right course. If the experts were usually wrong and our guts right the scientific revolution and the enlightenment wouldn't have had the effects they did.

Which is what makes me so worried about the popularity that politicians get for ignoring expert advice. This little rant was brought upon by Jindal's actions that seem to be a direct challenge to expert advice. I'm not entirely sure how this is playing there but I get the vague sense that it's fairly popular. This worries me a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment